CHECKLIST of what is provided and what Guests should bring. Guest Check-In and Check-Out Lists – During Pandemic Period of new Reservations Starting 6/12/2020 – updated 8/21/2020 2:33 pm
Blue Ridge Playground
VACATION RENTALS IN WINTERGREEN RESORT® A Nelson County, Virginia Small Business
During the Pandemic, we have developed guidelines from CDC, WHO, Commonwealth of Virginia, County of Nelson, VRBO/HomeAway, AirBnb, and Wintergreen Resort. The new and hopefully temporary procedures include: no one goes in until 24 hours after Guest departure and there is at least 72 hours between each Guest reservation. After the 24 hours has elapsed, and before the next Guest, Diamond Facility Services, Waynesboro, VA will perform the fogging and cleaning with the recommended disinfectants.
We provide equipment and many disposable items to run the household.
During the Pandemic period certain non-disposable items will not be provided – for your safety. Both types are listed below:
We provide these Disposables:
Laundry (we provide)
Laundry Detergent – 3 Loads
Fabric Softener – 3 Loads
Dryer Sheets – 3 Loads
Kitchen (we provide)
3 rolls of paper towels
Dishwasher Detergent – 7 loads
Hand Dish Detergent – 7 days
2 Brillo Pads and 1 New Sponge
Trash Bags – 7 – lightweight for kitchen use
Cooking equipment including assorted size pots and pans, roasting pan with lid, crock pot. Plenty of plates, glasses, cups, utensils; There are two types of coffee pots – pot and Kcup;
Canned fire extinguisher by kitchen stove.
For standalone homes there is a Propane grill with plenty of propane. For townhomes or condos, no grills are allowed by the Resort. Guests can use the Chestnut Park Screened Pavillion with grill with advance notice to Host for a reservation with the HomeOwners Association.
Fireplaces – propane and wood-burning
With fireplaces run with propane, the pilot light will be lit. Leave fireplace pilot light lit. To use the fireplace, just hit the on button only. To turn off, just hit the off button. Turn both fireplaces off at bedtime or when not at home but leave pilot light lit for ease of use.
There is a “canned” fire extinguisher by the wood-burning fireplace. Enough wood for up to 3 fires. See lease about use of wood-burning fireplaces.
NO FIREPITS 🔥 Allowed, only approved Chimineas.
General Cleaning Supplies (we provide) – Lysol Spray; Lysol or Chlorox wipes, Alcohol wipes, swifter wet pads; you should bring some supplies also in case we are unable to get the Lysol stuff.
Bathrooms (we provide)
3 rolls of toilet paper in each bathroom. Antibacterial soap at each sink.
Bedrooms (we provide)
We provide a mattress pad and bottom/top sheets – sheets are washed in hot water and disinfectant between Guests; We provide trash bags for putting used sheets in at check-out. Bags go near front door for pickup.
Guests bring these CDC recommended items: (Not Included During Pandemic)
Pillows, Bath Towels, hand towels, wash cloths, swim towels for pool or lake, lawn chair for events. (The Member/Guest pools do not provide chairs or umbrellas during the pandemic).
Soap for tub or shower Shampoo
Kitchen Dish Towels
Additional Trash Bags or Heavy Duty Trash Bags
Extra disposable disinfectant items for your car
1 Primary and 1 Backup Mask For each Guest.
Disposable Gloves And backup for each Guest.
Lysol wipes or Spray or Alcohol wipes
See Pet Policy
Proof of CSA Insurance Policy (VRBO reservations include pet insurance)
Crate for Scheduled or Emergency “Alone” time for each pet
Note 1. Please do not remove any linens or goods from homeowner closets whether locked or unlocked.
Note 2: The Pandemic has made it more work and expense for the Travelers and the Hosts, but we really hope you enjoy your vacation and your family and friend time in the Blue Ridge Playground. Be safe, healthy and happy.
Note 3: Exclusive Amenities are not available to Rental Guests after 12/1/2020
Note 4. Ski Season is not guaranteed. Each reservation made for ski season has been notified of this. If ski season happens it will not be like other ski seasons due to the pandemic. At this writing, we recommend that your last day of choice for skiing be Saturday. Skiing by reservation will go in priority of Members, Season Pass Holders, 4 pack Ski lift tickets (currently being sold online until 11/29/20. Watch the Wintergreen Resort Mtn Blog for new information. It does not look like tickets will be sold at the normal ticket sales office.
GUEST CHECK OUT List To Do For the Responsible Person from the lease doing the last walk through:
- Put 2 Lanyards with Guest passes on refrigerator.
- Last person walk through is to look to be sure nothing is left behind that would cost a fee and postage to return – look in drawers, under beds… Be sure to take your pillows, bath towels, hand towels, wash cloths, dish towels and blankets. Mattress pads and Sheets are ours and Do not take those.
- Empty dishwasher and put away everything clean in kitchen. Check oven that it is clean. Check grill that it is clean.
- Lock each window (2 part open/close) and doors from our intelligent bears.
- Take all kitchen and bathroom trash to dumpster. Do not leave food, bags, or anything in refrigerator or cabinets; take your pillows, blankets, towels, check washer and dryer for your things. Clean up any and all pet hair from floors and furniture.
- Put all bed sheets, any provided tablecloths in provided trash bags and put near front door to be washed for next guests – separate from trash so it doesn’t get confused with trash.
- Put not-used emergency disinfectant supply container back on table. Put disinfectant wipes by outside if removed.
- Make sure no commodes running. Please wipe down a few light switches and door knobs for next person coming in to work.
- Please be sure there is nothing left behind from your pet in any yard or shared space. Small children play in the yard.
- Be sure to alert me if anyone gets sick, we will do the same for you if any of us or any vendor gets sick. This will enable us to take more precautions for the next guest or let them cancel if not comfortable.
- If anything major needed maintenance, you would have called us at the time. Anything not major, please email me or call me as soon as possible so that we can try to get it fixed after you and before the next guest. It is difficult to get vendors in to work in a timely fashion during this time.
- Call the Host 20 minutes before departure. Use the house phone. I will walk him/her through turning off the water and turning off hot water at the box. We will know you have gone. If you need a later checkout that is fine, just call me. You can have up to 6:00 pm for check-out, possibly later if you call.
Thank you for doing a great job checking in and checking out during the Pandemic. We hope you had a wonderful time and made lots of good memories with your family and friends. Please come back and stay with us again. We love our Guests.
Karen and Ken Barber – The Heart of Wintergreen
The HomeOwners that use, maintain, care for and love their shared home.
Thank you for being another one of 99% our loved Responsible Guests.
434-529-7301 or BlueRidgePlayground@icloud.com
Karen and Ken – The Heart of Wintergreen™
Guest Experience and HomeOwner Property Agents
VRBO Premier Partners & AirBnb Superhosts
Blue Ridge Playground
Vacation Rentals At Wintergreen Resort™
Https://TheBlueRidgePlayground.com (Activity based – WIP)
Https://VacationRentalsInWintergreenResort.com (Reservation Based – No Service Fees)